This quick egg and veg fried rice can be served as a side dish or double the quantities for a main. Packed with vegetables and protein, it is healthy and filling.
Egg and vegetable fried rice
A quick and easy recipe for egg and vegetable fried rice.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp cooking oil (peanut, olive or sunflower)
- 3 scallions (thinly sliced)
- 1½ cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Heat a drizzle of cooking oil in a large fry pan or wok over a medium heat.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and beat.
- Add eggs to pan, and scramble until starting to cook through (approx. 2 minutes). Remove from the pan and set aside (they will be added back to the pan to complete cooking, so don’t worry if they are not completely cooked).
- Add another drizzle of oil to the pan and increase heat to high.
- When the oil is hot add the scallions and mixed vegetables and stir fry for 2-3 minutes until starting to soften.
- Add the cooked rice to the pan and continue stir-frying for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the scrambled eggs back into the pan with the rice and vegetables, and the soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir to combine and cook through (approx. 2 minutes).