Tofu steaks are one of those versatile foods that is so quick and easy to make, and can also be cooked in many different styles.
They make the perfect side dish or main dish for any meal, and require very few ingredients. You can use any spice or seasoning that you like to match your main meal.
Pan Fried Tofu Steaks
How to pan fry tofu steaks.
- 10 oz block of tofu firm style
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon seasoning
- Slice the block of tofu crossways to get 4 even steaks.
- Place the seasoning, plain flour on a plate and mix well.
- Gently press the tofu into the spiced flour to coat on both sides.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan over a medium heat. When the oil is hot add the tofu and cook for a few minutes on each side until browned.